Monday, April 15, 2013

Back in Town

Last Thursday night I packed my bags, left my dog at a kennel and took of to Guadalajara for a couple of days. I hate that aspect of traveling; the moment where I have to say goodbye to my dog, since it makes me feel like the worst doggy momy in the universe. So far I have always left her at home with someone dropping by to check on her, or I've left her at a friend's house, but this one time I really couldn't find anyone I trusted to take care of her. I decided to leave her at her regular Vet who offers pension for dogs. It was definitely not the ideal solution, far from it, but I felt it would be the place where she would be the safest. This time I chose safe rather than 100% happy, since I knew she would be locked in a large kennel for most of the time. I am not sure I made the right choice, but at least she was with people I trusted (it's an amazing vet). She got fed every day and a couple of walks, and she got to be inside with aircondition. Sometimes you have to take what you get.


To give you yet another update; just like I expected, the person who had offered to give us a ride from AZ to D.C pulled back her offer. Trouble with her boyfriend, she told me. Funny as it is I think it was for the best, since I never had a good gut feeling about it. It never felt like the right option. I found this out before I went to Guadalajara (which by the way is an amazing city), and I just got back now this morning. The first thing I did was to check my email since I posted an ad last week, and I had one reply from a woman who sounds really cool and who would be up for driving over to D.C in June. Again, perhaps it's too good to be true, but who knows..! This person I feel really good about, which I never did about the other, so I genuinely wish that it'll work. I need to double check that the guy who promised to drive us from here and to AZ on the 17th is still up for it, I've found an awesome couple to stay with in Tucson that night, and if things works out we would begin our road trip on the 18th.


If this worked out it could be so cool..! I love adventures! Last summer I chose to take a bus from AZ to D.C rather than to fly, it took me 55 hours to get there with all the stops, but I loved it. I did it simply because it was different. This trip that I'm planning for this summer could be amazing if t works out, and I would love to make a photo diary of a road trip with my dog. I'm dying for this to work out.

Now back to my return today. I got back at 3am actually, due to a delayed bus, and I went to pick up Beily at 11 this morning. If it had been up to me I would have been there the second they opened, but I was asked to come pick her up at 11 so that they would have time to give her the bath I had asked for. It was so great to see her again, even though I was only away for about three days. It sounds stupid, but I miss her when I'm away from her. It is so heart-warming to see how happy she is to see me whenever I have been away. Such a simple thing makes the extra "trouble" with my summer plans far more than worth it. Having such a sweet and happy dog really is a blessing. I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment