Sunday, April 7, 2013

Progress..!

I'm back! It's been an intense weekend with little or no time for blogging, and that is the reason to why I disappeared off the radar for a few days. There has been some potential progress regarding moving with Beily out of Mexico and over to Washington D.C. It seems like I have found a guy who is willing to take us with him when he leaves from a town close to here to drive up to Tucson in late June. I've found him through a forum, and it seems pretty legit, so I'm hoping he sticks to his word. He's given me a date when he's planning to do the drive and everything, and he told me he has no problem with giving my dog a ride as well. He also told me he has driven with his own dog several times, and that he has never had any trouble crossing the border with the dog. ...That took some concern off my shoulders. I mean I didn't think there would be trouble since I will be going prepared, but it's still nice to hear it from someone who have done it, that there shouldn't be a problem to get a perfectly healthy dog across the border. I have to say I love nice people who offer to do others a favor for no reason.


Secondly, I have found a woman who seems to be planning to drive from Arizona and to Pennsylvania around those dates. She told me she'd be happy to give me and the dog a ride, but I guess it's hard to know if she'll follow through or not since June is still pretty far away, and I don't know her. She doesn't owe me anything. In a perfect world it would work out though... I would come up from Mexico one day, stay a night in Tucson, head to meet this woman the next day and head out on a roadtrip over to the East Coast. ...Sounds too good to be true though, doesn't it? Something tells me she'll change her mind pretty soon, because quite honestly she seems a little odd. Anyone planning to drive from Arizona and over to the East Coast in late June? Anytime after June 18th. If you are or if you know someone who is - please let me know. ... Because funny as it is she is telling me right now that she's not getting any replies from the person she was planning to go meet, which seems a little like she's about to blow the whole thing off. ...That sucks. Well at least I know how to get up to Arizona, right? One step in the right direction. One way or the other we will get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment