Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Organization is Key

Does anybody know a good website where one can look for rideshares and such? I really need to start figuring out how to get Beily from Arizona and over to the East Coast (and preferably to Washington D.C) now since quite honestly time is slipping away from me! I have this constant stomach ache for the simple reason that I don't know how to do this yet, I have done as much research as I've been able to do, but so far I haven't found anything. I am hoping that I'll be able to figure out how to get from the town in Mexico where I live and up to the border, but how to get from Arizona and to D.C remains a mystery. I don't expect to find a ride all the way, but I am hoping to perhaps be able to puzzle it together so that I can find someone who is planning to drive in that direction, then look for another ride from wherever he or she can take me and so on. Sounds incredibly risky and complicated, I get that, but I am really trying to avoid flying. Why? Because I don't want to put her under all that stress unless I have to, and especially not if someday I'll end up wanting to take her to Sweden. I would have loved to be able to go from Arizona and to D.C by car in the end of June, so let's see if I can make it work somehow. If anyone knows a good rideshare website I would very much appreciate the help. I am not sure I've been looking in the right places.


Leaving Mexico is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done, and I am going to miss it more than I can possibly put words on. However, it is time for me to move on now and to seek new challenges and new adventures, and since I can't take all my friends and my life here with me - at least I want to be able to bring my dog. She is a reminder of all the amazing things I have done down here, and all the incredible people that I have met. She is also the proof of me having done something right, and that I have achieved something. Raising a kind, well-behaved, healthy and happy dog has always been my dream. It's such a great feeling to look at her and know that we did it, and that there is something I can bring with me out of Mexico when I leave, more than just my incredible memories. I've had a life here for the past 3 years, and Beily has played a very significant part in that life. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment